Coastguard teams called after boat gets stuck under bridge in Somerleyton
- Credit: Archant
The Lowestoft and Southwold coastguard teams were called to a boat that had suffered engine failure and got stuck under a bridge in Somerleyton.
The callout, at 9.10pm yesterday evening (Sunday), saw seven coastguard officers attend.
A spokesman said: 'Lowestoft and Southwold teams tasked by Humber CGOC to report of a boat who had lost his engine and steering and became stuck under the bridge at Somerleyton.
'On arrival the vessel had managed to free itself and been towed to the Somerleyton free moorings. The crew were located and given words of advice and all units stood down.'
A team were also sent to Southwold last Thursday, July 16 after a smell of diesel was reportedly coming from offshore.
You may also want to watch:
Four coastguard officers attended, who had to briefly leave their duties at the Lowestoft Summer Festival, to investigate.
After the call at 1.30pm, nothing was found and the team returned to the festival.
- 1 Man fled into KFC after being chased at knifepoint in Lowestoft
- 2 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 3 Man who downloaded indecent images of children avoids jail
- 4 Man who built outbuildings and lake without permission fined £1,300
- 5 A12 reopens after serious collision
- 6 Extraordinary meeting called over village solar farm
- 7 Fire crew called after child gets stuck in room with faulty latch
- 8 Two men assaulted at children's play park
- 9 Father and son rescued by lifeguards after their boat capsized out at sea
- 10 Revealed: Where petrol prices are cheapest in Suffolk