Coastguard teams called after boat gets stuck under bridge in Somerleyton
- Credit: Archant
The Lowestoft and Southwold coastguard teams were called to a boat that had suffered engine failure and got stuck under a bridge in Somerleyton.
The callout, at 9.10pm yesterday evening (Sunday), saw seven coastguard officers attend.
A spokesman said: 'Lowestoft and Southwold teams tasked by Humber CGOC to report of a boat who had lost his engine and steering and became stuck under the bridge at Somerleyton.
'On arrival the vessel had managed to free itself and been towed to the Somerleyton free moorings. The crew were located and given words of advice and all units stood down.'
A team were also sent to Southwold last Thursday, July 16 after a smell of diesel was reportedly coming from offshore.
You may also want to watch:
Four coastguard officers attended, who had to briefly leave their duties at the Lowestoft Summer Festival, to investigate.
After the call at 1.30pm, nothing was found and the team returned to the festival.
- 1 Driver arrested on suspicion of drink driving after crash in Lowestoft
- 2 Local elections 2021: Green gains and Conservative majority in east Suffolk
- 3 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 4 Man who set up cannabis farm warned he will be jailed
- 5 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 6 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 7 Campervan ban lifted in 12 car parks by the coast
- 8 'Absolutely amazing' - Visually impaired teen completes walking challenge
- 9 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 10 Man, 22, charged over stabbing as victim remains 'critical'