Coastguard warn more heavy rain could be on the way
Yarmouth coastguard has said that more heavy rain could be heading towards the town and nearby communities this afternoon.The warning from the coastguard's Havenbridge House headquarters came as a yacht got into difficulty in gale force eight winds 13 miles off Lowestoft.
Yarmouth coastguard has said that more heavy rain could be heading towards the town and nearby communities this afternoon.
The warning from the coastguard's Havenbridge House headquarters came as a yacht got into difficulty in gale force eight winds 13 miles off Lowestoft.
The Dutch yacht, the Sunshine, is now being towed back to Yarmouth and Gorleston RNLI station after three out of four of is passengers and crew suffered severe sea sickness because of the heavy winds.
Yesterday afternoon Yarmouth and Beccles were battered by torrential rains which caused part of the roof to collapse at the NHS Yarmouth and Waveney headquarter in Beccles.
You may also want to watch:
The heavy rain also flooded several homes and saw the Bradwell Community Centre and Yarmouth's Citizen Advice Bureau in Stone Cutters Way suffer flood damage.
- 1 Official unveiling for new nature reserve boardwalk in Lowestoft
- 2 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 3 Woman, 18, victim of possible sexual assault in Lowestoft
- 4 'A golden medal from your hometown': Amazing support for Olympian
- 5 Plot of land near Beccles sells at auction for five times guide price
- 6 Drivers warned of disruption as work carried out on Bascule Bridge
- 7 Popular laser lights display set for welcome return to pier
- 8 Devoted doctor, 93, to embark on dancing busk-athon in Lowestoft
- 9 Man airlifted to hospital from beach given 'vital first aid' by lifeguards
- 10 Delays 'possible' warning ahead of footway works in Lowestoft