Coastguard warn more heavy rain could be on the way
Yarmouth coastguard has said that more heavy rain could be heading towards the town and nearby communities this afternoon.The warning from the coastguard's Havenbridge House headquarters came as a yacht got into difficulty in gale force eight winds 13 miles off Lowestoft.
Yarmouth coastguard has said that more heavy rain could be heading towards the town and nearby communities this afternoon.
The warning from the coastguard's Havenbridge House headquarters came as a yacht got into difficulty in gale force eight winds 13 miles off Lowestoft.
The Dutch yacht, the Sunshine, is now being towed back to Yarmouth and Gorleston RNLI station after three out of four of is passengers and crew suffered severe sea sickness because of the heavy winds.
Yesterday afternoon Yarmouth and Beccles were battered by torrential rains which caused part of the roof to collapse at the NHS Yarmouth and Waveney headquarter in Beccles.
You may also want to watch:
The heavy rain also flooded several homes and saw the Bradwell Community Centre and Yarmouth's Citizen Advice Bureau in Stone Cutters Way suffer flood damage.
- 1 Young woman sets up new business with big plans for the future
- 2 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 3 Air ambulance responds after man suffers emergency in Lowestoft
- 4 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 5 Victorian footbridge in Lowestoft set to undergo 'significant repairs'
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 7 Man caught with indecent images of children as young as two to be sentenced
- 8 High Sheriff praises mental health support at high school in Lowestoft
- 9 Creator of mystery Covehithe statue reveals where it went
- 10 Discovery of personal items in woods 'not suspicious', police confirm