Coffee with a copper events in Lowestoft
DO you fancy a coffee with a copper?
With officers from Lowestoft North Safer Neighbourhood Team (SNT) holding a series of street meets to allow locals to voice any concerns in the next few months, three Police Community Support Officers (PCSOs) have organised a new initiative.
A series of coffee with a copper events to allow people to speak to the PCSOs about any issues they may have are to be held - starting tomorrow.
PCSO Edward Vincent is holding his events at Tesco in Leisure Way from 10am to 11am tomorrow (March 19), Saturday, April 23 and Saturday, May 28. He is also holding events at Gunton Tenants Hall in Hollingsworth Road from 10am to 11am on Tuesday, April 12 and Tuesday, May 10.
PCSOs Peter Lamin and Nigel Turner are holding their events at the Normanston Park Caf� from 9am to 11am on Wednesday, April 13 and Wednesday, May 18.
You may also want to watch:
PCSO Vincent said: 'The idea is to have a member of the SNT present in a public place where they can listen to anything that the residents are concerned about. One of the things I find when on patrol is that people are constantly telling me 'I didn't really want to bother you with this, but I felt I had to tell someone.' Sometimes these conversations relate to serious instances of anti-social behaviour that need to be reported as they affect the quality of life of many people in the area.
'It is important that the public tell us about what is going on in their street so we can monitor what is going on in the area,' PCSO Vincent added. 'Many people suffer in silence for months hoping the problem will just disappear. If only they told their local PCSO or contacted their local SNT they may find that the issue can be resolved very quickly. The SNT is here to help and can only function in a community that tells us their problems that need tackled. Remember, crime will not flourish in a community that cares.'
- 1 First look at Lowestoft's newest late night venue - part of £150k investment
- 2 Teens arrested in connection with burglaries and arson at Lowestoft schools
- 3 Man and woman accused of supplying cannabis and money laundering
- 4 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 5 Popular family business opens new shop in Lowestoft town centre
- 6 Former butchers shop in Lowestoft is sold at auction
- 7 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 8 How well do you know Lowestoft?
- 9 'Together again': Swans reunited after dog attack in Lowestoft park
- 10 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
• To speak to a member of Lowestoft North SNT telephone 01473 613500 or email email@example.com