Cold conditions set to continue
FREEZING conditions are set to continue into the weekend as Suffolk wakes up to another blanket of snow today.
The windy and bitterly cold weather will continue to bombard the people of Suffolk. Temperatures will stay around freezing during the day, dropping as low as -5C overnight.
But tomorrow will see conditions worsening, with heavy cloud and flurries of snow hitting the county throughout the day.
Temperatures will stay very low, and the region's roads are likely to become very icy and treacherous, making for a difficult commute to work on Friday morning.
There are no major school closures to report, although Kirkley Middle School in Lowestoft will not open until 10am, and Benjamin Britten High School, also in Lowestoft, will be open only for Years 9 and 11 and the sixth form.
- 1 Part of A47 closed in Lowestoft due to incident
- 2 Police seek help to identify man after wallet theft
- 3 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 4 'Calm, graceful and kind': Tributes paid to martial arts world champion
- 5 Lowestoft man jailed after breaching restraining order within an hour
- 6 Street to be decorated with Christmas decorations for Children's charity
- 7 Crackdown on second home owners exploiting tax loophole on coast
- 8 Arsonist to be sentenced after admitting starting blaze at block of flats
- 9 Man arrested on suspicion of GBH
- 10 Thousands of cigarettes seized after HMRC officers raid Ipswich stores