Cold conditions set to continue
FREEZING conditions are set to continue into the weekend as Suffolk wakes up to another blanket of snow today.
The windy and bitterly cold weather will continue to bombard the people of Suffolk. Temperatures will stay around freezing during the day, dropping as low as -5C overnight.
But tomorrow will see conditions worsening, with heavy cloud and flurries of snow hitting the county throughout the day.
Temperatures will stay very low, and the region's roads are likely to become very icy and treacherous, making for a difficult commute to work on Friday morning.
There are no major school closures to report, although Kirkley Middle School in Lowestoft will not open until 10am, and Benjamin Britten High School, also in Lowestoft, will be open only for Years 9 and 11 and the sixth form.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Pier owners looking forward to bright future
- 2 100-year-old swing bridges to be upgraded in £5.5m scheme
- 3 Man in 30s airlifted to hospital following serious fall
- 4 Car bonnet and windscreen damaged by vandals in Lowestoft
- 5 'I don't see someone disfigured' - Star's tribute to acid attack survivor
- 6 People gather in the street for funeral of "local legend"
- 7 Woman bruised after being bitten by dog
- 8 Traffic to be diverted with busy road set to close for overnight works
- 9 Magnet fishermen catch a stolen moped in broad
- 10 Beach events planned to welcome summer despite festival call off