Cold conditions set to continue
FREEZING conditions are set to continue into the weekend as Suffolk wakes up to another blanket of snow today.
The windy and bitterly cold weather will continue to bombard the people of Suffolk. Temperatures will stay around freezing during the day, dropping as low as -5C overnight.
But tomorrow will see conditions worsening, with heavy cloud and flurries of snow hitting the county throughout the day.
Temperatures will stay very low, and the region's roads are likely to become very icy and treacherous, making for a difficult commute to work on Friday morning.
There are no major school closures to report, although Kirkley Middle School in Lowestoft will not open until 10am, and Benjamin Britten High School, also in Lowestoft, will be open only for Years 9 and 11 and the sixth form.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Flames and spectacular laser lights illuminate skies over pier
- 2 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
- 3 Man in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency
- 4 Vandals rip off car wing mirrors in Lowestoft street
- 5 Fourth place for Giarnni and GB quartet in team gymnastics Olympic final
- 6 Lowestoft primary school's long-serving midday supervisor hailed after retirement
- 7 People stranded on sandspit spark emergency response
- 8 Vacancy on town council after resignation
- 9 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 10 Lorry in collision with a tree near Halesworth