Collections in Lowestoft and Beccles boost cancer charities
- Credit: Archant
Fundraisers from the Lowestoft-based Lauren Lou appeal, which raises money and awareness in aid of cancer charities, were involved in two days of collecting.
Last Friday, July 28, a street collection was held in Beccles for Cancer Research UK. A total of £289.25 was raised.
Gary Bennett, from the Lauren Lou appeal, said: 'Thank you to my volunteers and the very generous public.'
On Saturday, July 29, Team Lauren Lou held a bucket collection at the Morrisons store on the North Quay Retail Park in Lowestoft.
Further funds were colleacted for its local cancer appeals fund, which helps local people in need, as £421.49p was collected,
You may also want to watch:
Mr Bennett said: 'Thank you to Morrisons' management and staff for making us very welcome and thanks must also go to my volunteers for covering all day. But above all thank you to the very generous kind Morrisons customers.'
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences in Lowestoft
- 2 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 3 Man hands himself into police after firearms incident in Lowestoft
- 4 Historic Lowestoft pub transformed as new seafood restaurant opens
- 5 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
- 6 Smokehouse welcomes arrival of new fish smoking kiln - by crane
- 7 A146 closed after crash near Worlingham
- 8 Unique 'upside down' home with panoramic views is for sale
- 9 Man, 45, jailed for Lowestoft burglaries
- 10 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home