Collections in Lowestoft and Beccles boost cancer charities
- Credit: Archant
Fundraisers from the Lowestoft-based Lauren Lou appeal, which raises money and awareness in aid of cancer charities, were involved in two days of collecting.
Last Friday, July 28, a street collection was held in Beccles for Cancer Research UK. A total of £289.25 was raised.
Gary Bennett, from the Lauren Lou appeal, said: 'Thank you to my volunteers and the very generous public.'
On Saturday, July 29, Team Lauren Lou held a bucket collection at the Morrisons store on the North Quay Retail Park in Lowestoft.
Further funds were colleacted for its local cancer appeals fund, which helps local people in need, as £421.49p was collected,
You may also want to watch:
Mr Bennett said: 'Thank you to Morrisons' management and staff for making us very welcome and thanks must also go to my volunteers for covering all day. But above all thank you to the very generous kind Morrisons customers.'
- 1 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 2 Friends launch fantasy horse racing site to combat problem gambling
- 3 Relief for kittiwakes as controversial netting removed
- 4 Lowestoft man badly hurt after being attacked by gang in his own home
- 5 Man released from hospital after being stabbed in Lowestoft
- 6 Pakefield Man set for summer showcase
- 7 Have your say on plans for 150 homes at former hospital site
- 8 Green light for new shop's alcohol bid
- 9 Lockdown easing to go ahead - but Hancock won't rule out reversal
- 10 Diversions in place with stretch of A12 to be closed overnight