Colourful new library window
KESSINGLAND Library celebrated its first birthday this month with the unveiling of a new stained glass window.
The window was created by artist Teri Lockton with help from Kessingland residents.
Children at Kessingland Primary School produced drawings of features they would like included in the design and people living at a sheltered housing complex in the village were also involved with the project.
Ms Lockton said the children's ideas were incorporated into the design which features a sun, beach, boat and fishing
'I asked the children to do some drawings to give me inspiration and all of them used buckets and spades,' she said.
On Wednesday last week, pupils from the primary school were invited to the library in Marram Green to see the completed window.
The official unveiling was performed by John Goldsmith, who represents Kessingland on Suffolk County Council.
- 1 Man throws brick through living room window in Lowestoft
- 2 Have your say on redevelopment of station building vacant for 50 years
- 3 First look at the new fully vegan café 'booming in business'
- 4 Hundreds bask in sun for return of 'wonderful' event
- 5 Joy for Lowestoft Sixth Form students on results day
- 6 Police hunt wanted man from Lowestoft
- 7 'Time for some you time': Unwind at brand new wellbeing retreat
- 8 A-levels 2022: All the results from Norfolk and Waveney
- 9 Thieves break into garden and steal hot tub
- 10 Over 120 free events planned for return of country's biggest heritage event
The library is part of a community complex at Marram Green which also includes offices for Kessingland Parish Council and a very sheltered housing scheme run by Flagship Housing.
A spokesman for Flagship Housing said: 'We are very keen for residents of the sheltered housing scheme to become involved in community events in Kessingland and this is a wonderful example of that.'
The apartments at Marram Green are available to people over the age of 55 with a connection to Suffolk. These can be purchased outright or through a shared equity scheme.
l More details are available from Flagship Housing on 01603 255444.