Colourful new library window
KESSINGLAND Library celebrated its first birthday this month with the unveiling of a new stained glass window.
The window was created by artist Teri Lockton with help from Kessingland residents.
Children at Kessingland Primary School produced drawings of features they would like included in the design and people living at a sheltered housing complex in the village were also involved with the project.
Ms Lockton said the children's ideas were incorporated into the design which features a sun, beach, boat and fishing
'I asked the children to do some drawings to give me inspiration and all of them used buckets and spades,' she said.
You may also want to watch:
On Wednesday last week, pupils from the primary school were invited to the library in Marram Green to see the completed window.
The official unveiling was performed by John Goldsmith, who represents Kessingland on Suffolk County Council.
- 1 New lease of life with go-ahead for apartments above former McDonalds
- 2 New shops could be unveiled at prominent former family-run business
- 3 Air ambulance responds to woman in 20s after emergency in Lowestoft
- 4 Man jailed after police seize cannabis worth £15,000 from car
- 5 Mum's relief at Cawston Park closure after 'hideous' restraint on son
- 6 Norfolk pizza company announces residencies at two more pubs
- 7 Further overnight works scheduled for A47 with north Lowestoft closure
- 8 Jewellery stolen after burglars raid home in Lowestoft
- 9 Almost 1,000 complaints over noisy neighbours in lockdown
- 10 Sniffer dogs find thousands of illegal cigarettes under manhole cover
The library is part of a community complex at Marram Green which also includes offices for Kessingland Parish Council and a very sheltered housing scheme run by Flagship Housing.
A spokesman for Flagship Housing said: 'We are very keen for residents of the sheltered housing scheme to become involved in community events in Kessingland and this is a wonderful example of that.'
The apartments at Marram Green are available to people over the age of 55 with a connection to Suffolk. These can be purchased outright or through a shared equity scheme.
l More details are available from Flagship Housing on 01603 255444.