Comedy festival set for Southwold
Hayley MaceComedy fans will be able to enjoy a laugh at a comedy festival which is taking place in Southwold this summer.Southwold Common will be turned into a hub of entertainment when the second Southwold Comedy Festival comes to town in August.Hayley Mace
Comedy fans will be able to enjoy a laugh at a comedy festival which is taking place in Southwold this summer.
Southwold Common will be turned into a hub of entertainment when the second Southwold Comedy Festival comes to town in August.
The event took place in the resort for the first time last summer and was such a success that the Norwich-based organisers are hoping this year's festival will be even better.
The festival, from Friday August 27 until Sunday 29, will see comedy club favourites including Sean Meo, Rich Wilson and John Mann performing at the same event as unusual duo Raymond and Mr Timpkins Revue.
You may also want to watch:
The weekend event is organised by the Red Card Comedy Club, which hosts popular monthly shows at Norwich City Football Club and the Norwich Comedy Festival in Chapelfield Gardens.
Organiser Andrew Bunn said: 'We're looking forward to going to Southwold again after last year's success. Fortunately comedy has been recession-proof and most of our events over the past two or three years have sold out, so we're hoping we can expand further afield into other locations across Norfolk and Suffolk, and even across the country.'
- 1 17-year-old boy missing for more than a month found
- 2 Fire damages children's play area in Lowestoft
- 3 Man dies following collision on A12
- 4 Roads closed and traffic diverted for pothole repairs
- 5 'Foolish' - Landowner could face prosecution after drilling into trees
- 6 Tools stolen from work van during night time break-in
- 7 Traffic problems as bridge lights stuck on red
- 8 Plans for glamping site on Suffolk coast withdrawn
- 9 Fishing business will stay in the family as Alex, 16, set to join
- 10 Work to resume on £15m project to give thousands ultrafast broadband
Follwing successful shows in Diss and Woodbridge earlier this year, the Red Card Comedy Club will be hosting its first event at The Cut in Halesworth on Saturday July 24.
Gates at the Southwold Comedy Festival will open at 5.30pm, with food and drink available all night. The shows start at 8pm and tickets cost �13.50.
For the full festival line up, and details of other Red Card events, visit www.redcardcomedyclub.com or telephone the box office on 0844 826 1902.