Communities to gather to mark Armistice Day and Remembrance Sunday
- Credit: Archant
Coastal communities are to gather today and Sunday as part of Armistice Day and Remembrance Sunday to remember those who have given their lives while fighting for their country.
Tomorrow in Lowestoft at the War Memorial, Royal Plain, from 10.45am an Armistice Day service will be held.
Meanwhile in Southwold at St Edmunds Church from 10.45am a service will also be held with the laying of crosses.
Also, from 10.45am Friday (November 11) morning, at Our Lady Star Of The Sea Catholic Church, in Gordon Road Lowestoft, a service will be held followed by the Waveney Singers singing songs from the World War II period.
On Remembrance Sunday, November 13, the Remembrance Parade will take place at 10.15am from the Claremont Pier proceeded by a service, 10.45am, at the War Memorial, Royal Plain, Lowestoft.
You may also want to watch:
While in Pakefield a Remembrance Day parade and service will take place from 10.30am, at the All Saints' and St Margaret's Church, and in Southwold from 10.30am, a parade will start from Southwold Town Hall going through to the War Memorial at St Edmund's Church where a service will be held.
Bob King, chairman of The Royal British Legion Lowestoft and District Branch, said: 'Remembrance Sunday is traditionally a day to remember all those who have given their lives, for the peace and freedom we enjoy today, during the two World Wars and conflicts since.'
- 1 Historic Lowestoft pub transformed as new seafood restaurant opens
- 2 Confiscation hearing adjourned for North sea jet ski drug smugglers
- 3 New £9m school building opened by children's commissioner
- 4 A146 closed after crash near Worlingham
- 5 Academy in Lowestoft receives Ofsted praise for 'effective action'
- 6 Mum of four set to return to the stage in Lowestoft - after a decade away
- 7 Your Lowestoft Journal has a new community editor
- 8 East Suffolk's coronavirus case rate increases, but rates still half England's average
- 9 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home
- 10 Popular Lowestoft restaurant revealed as English curry award finalist
Are you doing anything special to mark our veterans? Tell The Journal by calling 01502 525820 or email email@example.com