Teamwork hailed as group walks 13-miles ‘to save lives’
- Credit: Archant
A group of staff gave up their own time to complete a sponsored walk – with the aim of raising funds to help save lives.
On Saturday, September 7 a team of 10 staff from NEL IT Support, based at Beccles House in Beccles, walked a 13.3-mile half marathon route from the Jolly Sailors pub in Pakefield to Great Yarmouth Pleasure Beach.
They were joined by two of their 15-year-old children and support cars as constant back up.
The whole team - who provide IT support to the whole NHS system - finished together, completing the walk in four hours 45 minutes.
They are raising money to fund a community defibrillator to be based in Beccles, for everyone to access.
You may also want to watch:
Walk organiser Tracey Smith said: "I am so proud of the whole team for completing the 13.3 miles with no major issues or injuries, only the odd blister. "They have shown amazing commitment to raising money for such a great cause.
"Our aim is to raise £2200 to fund a community defibrillator. Any money over the total needed will be donated to MIND mental health charity.
"We are already very close to our total, with donations still being accepted via justgiving.com/crowdfunding/tracey-smith-953
- 1 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 2 First look at Lowestoft's newest late night venue - part of £150k investment
- 3 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 4 How well do you know Lowestoft?
- 5 Former butchers shop in Lowestoft is sold at auction
- 6 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 7 Teens arrested in connection with burglaries and arson at Lowestoft schools
- 8 Man and woman accused of supplying cannabis and money laundering
- 9 Popular family business opens new shop in Lowestoft town centre
- 10 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
The team thanked The Jolly Sailors in Pakefield, Potters Leisure Resort in Hopton and The Pleasure Beach in Great Yarmouth for supporting them on the day with refreshments and Morrisons Beccles who provided water and sweets for the walk.