What makes you proud to live in east Suffolk? Council launches competition to design logo for new ‘super district’
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2015
A competition to help create a logo for east Suffolk's new 'super district council' has been launched.
Suffolk Coastal and Waveney District Councils have been working together for nearly a decade, delivering services in partnership to the communities of east Suffolk.
And now, having received approval from the Secretary of State to create a new single local authority for the area, a huge amount of work is being undertaken to prepare for the final decision, which is expected shortly.
Part of that work includes creating and establishing a visual identity, including a logo, and the competition is open to anyone living in east Suffolk.
The councils want to know what east Suffolk means to its residents, what inspires you and what best represents the greatest things about this part of the country. They are looking for drawings, artwork or designs to get a real feel for what matters to local people and what makes you proud to live here.
Ray Herring and Mark Bee, leaders of Suffolk Coastal and Waveney District Councils, said: 'This new council will be for the people of east Suffolk and who better to inspire our new identity than those who live and breathe the area on a daily basis.
You may also want to watch:
'This is a wonderful part of the country that means different things to different people and coming up with a single idea to reflect the rich diversity of east Suffolk is not straightforward. However we are really excited by the prospect of seeing a range of ideas and the creation of something, for generations to come, which has been inspired by local people.'
There will be prizes for the best and most interesting logo ideas – in adult and under 16 categories - and one or more of the entrants will be used as part of the creation of the new logo itself.
- 1 Pupils forced to isolate after Covid test result wrongly recorded as positive
- 2 Woman taken to hospital following crash on A146
- 3 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 4 Warning after man duped into paying £300 to 'forceful' rogue traders
- 5 Two Lowestoft recycling rounds costing £50,000 in contaminated waste
- 6 Sadness at latest Lowestoft town centre store closure
- 7 Man charged with driving offences following police pursuit
- 8 'Life and soul of the party': Lowestoft pub boss remembered
- 9 Three men arrested after van targeted in break-in
- 10 Teen burglar netted £80k of goods in four-year spree
Entries can be submitted in person or by post in a sealed envelope to 'East Suffolk Identity Competition' at Riverside, 4 Canning Road, Lowestoft, NR33 0EQ or
East Suffolk House, Riduna Park, Melton, IP12 1RT.
They can also be emailed to email@example.com
Hand drawn/crafted artwork or digital compositions can be sent in either as jpg, png or pdf formats.
The closing date for the competition is midday on Thursday, March 8.
Full terms and conditions are available on the councils' website.