Compost Awareness Week aims to get Suffolk composting
- Credit: Archant Norfolk
Suffolk County Council are giving away free compost and offering workshops as part of their Compost Awareness Week.
Beginning on Saturday, May 5 and running through to Sunday, May 13, the week will see the Suffolk Waste Partnership support several initiatives to help residents get composting.
Between 2pm and 7pm on Thursday, May 10, Household Waste Recycling Centres across the county will be giving away a free 25 litre bag of compost.
Customers will need to register for their free bag beforehand by downloading and printing a voucher before arriving at the waste centres.
Suffolk master composter volunteers will be holding a free workshop aiming to get first timers get started on Sunday, May 14 at 2pm till 4pm.
You may also want to watch:
Booking in advance is required via www.eventbrite.co.uk, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or calling Craig Renton on 01473 264795.
The Suffolk Waste Partnership is also offering discounted compost bins and other food digesters. Prices start from only £8.99 for compost bins and £9.99 for food digester systems.
- 1 New shops could be unveiled at prominent former family-run business
- 2 New lease of life with go-ahead for apartments above former McDonalds
- 3 Man jailed after police seize cannabis worth £15,000 from car
- 4 Norfolk pizza company announces residencies at two more pubs
- 5 Air ambulance responds to woman in 20s after emergency in Lowestoft
- 6 Jewellery stolen after burglars raid home in Lowestoft
- 7 Sniffer dogs find thousands of illegal cigarettes under manhole cover
- 8 Mum's relief at Cawston Park closure after 'hideous' restraint on son
- 9 'Suspicious' sighting in the sea sparks late night response in Lowestoft
- 10 Further overnight works scheduled for A47 with north Lowestoft closure
Visit www.getcomposting.com or call 0844 571 4444 quoting reference SUF18L for more information.