Learn more about the historic Scores with this ‘unique opportunity’
- Credit: Archant
People interested in a town's heritage and particularly the care of old buildings are being invited to take part in a free training course next month.
With the focus on the historic Scores in Lowestoft, a building conservation training course is due to start on Monday, June 10 to Friday, June 14 from 10am to 4pm.
Organised by the Great Yarmouth Preservation Trust as part of the Making Waves Together partnership, the training will be held at the Heritage Workshop Centre on Wilde Score, Lowestoft.
It will include practical experience in surveying, recording and traditional building skills, working with professional conservators and stonemasons Medieval Masonry Ltd.
Attendees will also have the opportunity to work on the historic Scores. No previous experience is required just a willingness to learn and to develop skills.
You may also want to watch:
Rachel Harrison, projects co-ordinator for the Great Yarmouth Preservation Trust, said: "By working with expert organisations, this training will provide local people with a unique opportunity to gain some hands on experience while learning more about history of the Scores and their conservation."
To book a place, or for more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 First look at Lowestoft's newest late night venue - part of £150k investment
- 2 Teens arrested in connection with burglaries and arson at Lowestoft schools
- 3 Popular family business opens new shop in Lowestoft town centre
- 4 Man and woman accused of supplying cannabis and money laundering
- 5 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 6 Former butchers shop in Lowestoft is sold at auction
- 7 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 8 New shop set to open in Lowestoft town centre
- 9 'Together again': Swans reunited after dog attack in Lowestoft park
- 10 Local recruitment crisis for dentists in east Suffolk