Textile Group -The textile group continues to meet from 2 to 4pm on alternate Thursday afternoons in the Methodist Church Hall and is always open to anyone who wishes to join in.
Textile Group -The textile group continues to meet from 2 to 4pm on alternate Thursday afternoons in the Methodist Church Hall and is always open to anyone who wishes to join in. Members work on their individual projects, which cover the full range of textile tasks, but at the same time enjoy the company, help and ideas of other members. Following the success of an afternoon devoted to personal books it is also hoped that occasional workshops may become a feature of the group's activities. Phone Sandy 01502 730470 or Joan 01502 732003 for further information.
School - Term ended on a high note last week with two performances of the school's Easter concert. In song, readings and poems of their own composition the children covered all aspects of Easter, including its pagan origins and associations with eggs and bunnies, as well as the Christian tradition. Also appearing in the programme were items from the recorder group and a repeat of the dance performed by the children during the Lowestoft school's Dance Festival at the Marina Theatre. The village's elderly residents were the special guests in the morning, with mainly family and friends attending in the afternoon.
Church services -On April 12, Easter Sunday, there will be an informal communion service at St Bartholomew's Church at 9.30am, followed by an Easter egg hunt in the churchyard. The morning service at the Methodist Church at 11am will include sacrament and will be led by Mr D Read. The decoration of St Bartholomew's Church for Easter takes place this Saturday morning from 9.30am.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Cash and computer stolen as post office smashed during burglary
- 2 Flats in Lowestoft fail to sell at auction
- 3 Smirking teen in tank top and baseball cap exposes himself to woman
- 4 'It's pretty awful' - Anger as cannabis waste dumped by beauty spot
- 5 Lowestoft men to be sentenced after admitting assault of man
- 6 Fire crews called to fisheries laboratory in Lowestoft
- 7 Last chance to have your say on plans for 150 new Lowestoft homes
- 8 Man airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency in Southwold
- 9 Teenager arrested following alleged assault in Lowestoft
- 10 Man 'let down' by GPs after undiagnosed pneumonia death, mother claims