Textile Group -The textile group continues to meet from 2 to 4pm on alternate Thursday afternoons in the Methodist Church Hall and is always open to anyone who wishes to join in.
Textile Group -The textile group continues to meet from 2 to 4pm on alternate Thursday afternoons in the Methodist Church Hall and is always open to anyone who wishes to join in. Members work on their individual projects, which cover the full range of textile tasks, but at the same time enjoy the company, help and ideas of other members. Following the success of an afternoon devoted to personal books it is also hoped that occasional workshops may become a feature of the group's activities. Phone Sandy 01502 730470 or Joan 01502 732003 for further information.
School - Term ended on a high note last week with two performances of the school's Easter concert. In song, readings and poems of their own composition the children covered all aspects of Easter, including its pagan origins and associations with eggs and bunnies, as well as the Christian tradition. Also appearing in the programme were items from the recorder group and a repeat of the dance performed by the children during the Lowestoft school's Dance Festival at the Marina Theatre. The village's elderly residents were the special guests in the morning, with mainly family and friends attending in the afternoon.
Church services -On April 12, Easter Sunday, there will be an informal communion service at St Bartholomew's Church at 9.30am, followed by an Easter egg hunt in the churchyard. The morning service at the Methodist Church at 11am will include sacrament and will be led by Mr D Read. The decoration of St Bartholomew's Church for Easter takes place this Saturday morning from 9.30am.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 17-year-old boy missing for more than a month found
- 2 Man dies following collision on A12
- 3 Roads closed and traffic diverted for pothole repairs
- 4 Fire damages children's play area in Lowestoft
- 5 'Foolish' - Landowner could face prosecution after drilling into trees
- 6 Tools stolen from work van during night time break-in
- 7 Fishing business will stay in the family as Alex, 16, set to join
- 8 Traffic problems as bridge lights stuck on red
- 9 Schoolgirl, 13, makes step up racing ladder ahead of championship
- 10 Heroin addict who burgled neighbour's home four times is jailed