School Swing - Corton School was among the schools making sure that the carnival season got off to a good start last week when they performed in School Swing, a concert in aid of The Friends of Lowestoft Hospital held at the Marina Theatre last Wednesday.
School Swing - Corton School was among the schools making sure that the carnival season got off to a good start last week when they performed in School Swing, a concert in aid of The Friends of Lowestoft Hospital held at the Marina Theatre last Wednesday. Dressed in the appropriate costume, members of class three and some of class two under the leadership of Mrs Rhodes gave a spirited performance of Irish dances and songs for an appreciative audience.
Tesco Vouchers - A splendid response to the appeal for vouchers has resulted in the school being able to send 19 to 20,000 to the handling office. Any vouchers handed in between now and the end of June can also be sent in and credited to the school's account. It has been decided to wait and to see what needs the expansion of the school brings before selecting from the items in the catalogue.
Exhibition - A public exhibition of the proposed school expansion plans will be held at Corton School on Monday, June 29 from 3 to 7.30pm. Representatives of Suffolk County Council will be present to discuss the plans and to answer any questions.
Church services - On Sunday there will be a service with holy baptism at St Bartholomew's Church at 9.30am. The service at the Methodist Church sees the annual celebration of the church anniversary, it will be led by Rev J Jacobs at 11am.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Young woman sets up new business with big plans for the future
- 2 Memorial service for 'wonderful' veteran who helped the community
- 3 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 4 'Special' feeling for care home staff following award nominations
- 5 Victorian footbridge in Lowestoft set to undergo 'significant repairs'
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 7 Mystery sculpture of man briefly appears on Suffolk beach
- 8 Man charged over attempted robbery with imitation firearm
- 9 'Ambitious ' Lowestoft heritage regeneration plan hailed by national body
- 10 MP still hopes to host surgeries in person after colleague killed