Exhibition - An exhibition of plans for the proposed development of the school on Monday attracted a steady stream of visitors. Members of the project team were on hand to explain the plans and to answer questions about them and an estimated 60 people either wrote comments or asked for comment forms.
Exhibition - An exhibition of plans for the proposed development of the school on Monday attracted a steady stream of visitors. Members of the project team were on hand to explain the plans and to answer questions about them and an estimated 60 people either wrote comments or asked for comment forms. The last day for submissions regarding the plans is July 6.
Corton Wives - The wives welcomed member's daughter Hayley Lamberth as the guest speaker at the June meeting. Hayley introduced the audience to her fragrant and colourful range of bath time products with a lively description of how the products were made and marketed. Particularly memorable was a demonstration of how the fizz for bath bombs was created. In July Maureen Long is scheduled to talk on Village and Town Signs and later in the month there will be a visit to the Time and Tide Museum in Great Yarmouth.
Musical evening - Music in a Country Garden, an evening of musical entertainment will be held in the garden of Woodside, 116 Long Lane on Thursday, July 9 at 7pm. The evening features the Song Birds, with Valerie Barker, Brenda Fullelove and Sheila Shakles and will be compered by June Bailey. Admission is �6.50, payable on the night, and includes a selection of cheese and wine. In case of rain, the event will be held in St. Bartholomew's Church.
Church services - On Sunday, July 5 there will be a service for the blessing of a marriage at St. Bartholomew's Church at 9.30am. There will also be a service of evening eucharist at 6pm. The morning service at Corton Methodist Church at 11am will be lead by Deacon I Cartwright.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Memorial service for 'wonderful' veteran who helped the community
- 2 'Special' feeling for care home staff following award nominations
- 3 Young woman sets up new business with big plans for the future
- 4 'Ambitious ' Lowestoft heritage regeneration plan hailed by national body
- 5 Man charged over attempted robbery with imitation firearm
- 6 Mystery sculpture of man briefly appears on Suffolk beach
- 7 Busy road near Lowestoft set to close for 'urgent' drainage works
- 8 How businesses which opened in lockdown are doing now
- 9 Five Halloween events planned in Waveney this year
- 10 Fresh warning after shed burglaries in Lowestoft