Could you take part in this year’s East Anglian Dragon Boat Festival in Oulton Broad?
- Credit: Archant
Entries are continuing to come in for a popular dragon boat race which is returning to Lowestoft later this year.
As Chinese New Year is celebrated across the globe, The East Anglian Dragon Boat Festival - which is being supported by The Journal - will take place at Nicholas Everitt Park, in Oulton Broad, on Sunday, May 31.
It will raise crucial funds for East Coast Hospice as it aims to build a new hospice for the Great Yarmouth and Waveney area.
Lowestoft firm Persimmon Homes had already signed up to the event, where teams of up to 11 people will take part in a minimum of three races.Now Southwold store Mumfords Hardware has announced that it will be one of up to 50 crews representing companies, organisations, clubs and groups of friends from Lowestoft Waveney and throughout East Anglia expected to battle it out over a 200m course.
Amelia Chadd, from Mumfords Hardware, said: 'We are delighted to be putting a Silver team into the Dragon Boat Festival.
You may also want to watch:
'Our main reason for doing so is that we believe passionately in helping East Coast Hospice to build a hospice on their site at Gorleston.
'There is no residential hospice in our area and it is so important that we help raise the money.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Traffic to be diverted with busy road in Lowestoft closed for 10 days
- 3 Air ambulance responds after man suffers emergency in Lowestoft
- 4 Seaside town to test flood defences to prepare for 'tidal surge'
- 5 Victorian footbridge in Lowestoft set to undergo 'significant repairs'
- 6 Discovery of personal items in woods 'not suspicious', police confirm
- 7 Young woman sets up new business with big plans for the future
- 8 Pizza branch to expand into another unit
- 9 Man caught with indecent images of children as young as two to be sentenced
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
'Most of us in the shop are not in the first flush of youth but we are hoping that with the help of family and friends, we can put together a team that might not win but which will certainly be conspicuous for our enthusiasm on the day.'
For more information, visit www.dragonboatfestivals.co.uk/eastanglia or call Gable Events on 01780 470718.
Are you doing something for charity? Tell The Journal by calling 01502 525825 or email email@example.com