Council announces Cabinet following elections
- Credit: Archant
Waveney District Council has revealed its new Cabinet following last month's elections.
Councillor David Ritchie became Deputy Leader of the council and keeps responsibility for the Planning and Coastal Management portfolio.
Cllr Letitia Smith joined the Cabinet as a member without portfolio.
She takes over from Cllr Michael Ladd who now has responsibility for Tourism, Economic Development and Rural Affairs.
Council leader Colin Law said: 'We have been given a mandate by the residents of Waveney to build on what we have already achieved and I will ensure we do everything possible to repay that trust.
You may also want to watch:
'This is a hugely important period in the history of Waveney District Council and I am determined to ensure we deliver the best possible services to our communities.'
Other Cabinet members announced are Cllr Stephen Ardley (Operational Partnerships and Lowestoft Rising), Cllr Mike Barnard (Resources and Welfare Reforms), Cllr Mary Rudd (Community Health and Safety), Cllr Frank Mortimer (Customers and Communities) and Cllr Sue Allen (Housing).
- 1 Man airlifted to hospital from beach given 'vital first aid' by lifeguards
- 2 Woman, 18, victim of possible sexual assault in Lowestoft
- 3 Plot of land near Beccles sells at auction for five times guide price
- 4 Official unveiling for new nature reserve boardwalk in Lowestoft
- 5 Popular laser lights display set for welcome return to pier
- 6 Devoted doctor, 93, to embark on dancing busk-athon in Lowestoft
- 7 'Awe-inspiring' progress on £126.75m Gull Wing third crossing
- 8 'You are our champion': Community praise for Olympian Charley Davison
- 9 'A golden medal from your hometown': Amazing support for Olympian
- 10 McDonalds volunteers remove 20 wheelbarrow loads of algae from town's park