Council overspend a concern
I LEARNED with concern that Waveney District Council could have an over spend of £4.6 million in the forthcoming year.Despite this we are told that the £52.
I LEARNED with concern that Waveney District Council could have an over spend of £4.6 million in the forthcoming year.
Despite this we are told that the £52.7 million Waveney Campus project to build new council and science headquarters would not be affected.
Having heard council's explanation of their costings I find it difficult to believe that at the end of the project there will not be a shortfall which will have to be met by the ratepayers.
Rather than pay expensive consultants I suggest that a local accountant could be employed to vet the figures to put our minds at rest.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 New operator to be unveiled for Lowestoft pavilion regeneration
- 2 Vulnerable man abused by group of youths in Lowestoft
- 3 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified
- 4 Norfolk boatyard sells at auction for almost double expected guide price
- 5 Diversions in place as fibre cable works continue in Lowestoft
- 6 Severe delays on A146 after two-vehicle crash
- 7 Backlash against raw sewage vote as local hotspots revealed
- 8 Care home tenant takes on walking challenge after cancer battle
- 9 Families urged to lock their sheds after string of burglaries
- 10 Hotels launch search for more than 20 new staff members