Council tax in Waveney to rise by 2.95pc
A COUNCIL tax increase of 2.95pc was agreed by Waveney District Council at a budget-setting meeting last night (Thursday).The increase, which is for 2010/11, is almost a 1pc reduction on last year's increase.
A COUNCIL tax increase of 2.95pc was agreed by Waveney District Council at a budget-setting meeting last night (Thursday).
The increase, which is for 2010/11, is almost a 1pc reduction on last year's increase.
Council leader Cllr Mark Bee said: 'Our proposed council tax increase is part of a programme of measures which not only reflect the current economic climate but also feedback from our communities.
'Our extensive formal budget consultation enabled us to gather hugely helpful information about the kind of services all sections of our communities need from us and also ensures that we can now set a balanced budget.
You may also want to watch:
'Of course, the reality is that our portion of residents' overall council tax bill is very small. For every pound that Waveney residents pay each month, this council will only receive 9p and yet we are rightly expected to, and will continue to, maintain the highest standards of service delivery and improvement.
'However, I am certain that this budget proposal, from a better council, hits the right balance. We are a council determined to support our communities and having listened carefully to their wishes, worked tirelessly to set a balanced budget and kept our council tax increase low. I believe that the people of Waveney have received the right budget at the right time.'
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences in Lowestoft
- 2 Man hands himself into police after firearms incident in Lowestoft
- 3 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 4 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
- 5 Historic Lowestoft pub transformed as new seafood restaurant opens
- 6 Smokehouse welcomes arrival of new fish smoking kiln - by crane
- 7 Unique 'upside down' home with panoramic views is for sale
- 8 Plans for ex-restaurant to become pub revealed as licence granted
- 9 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home
- 10 A146 closed after crash near Worlingham