Council tax in Waveney to rise by 2.95pc
A COUNCIL tax increase of 2.95pc was agreed by Waveney District Council at a budget-setting meeting last night (Thursday).The increase, which is for 2010/11, is almost a 1pc reduction on last year's increase.
A COUNCIL tax increase of 2.95pc was agreed by Waveney District Council at a budget-setting meeting last night (Thursday).
The increase, which is for 2010/11, is almost a 1pc reduction on last year's increase.
Council leader Cllr Mark Bee said: 'Our proposed council tax increase is part of a programme of measures which not only reflect the current economic climate but also feedback from our communities.
'Our extensive formal budget consultation enabled us to gather hugely helpful information about the kind of services all sections of our communities need from us and also ensures that we can now set a balanced budget.
You may also want to watch:
'Of course, the reality is that our portion of residents' overall council tax bill is very small. For every pound that Waveney residents pay each month, this council will only receive 9p and yet we are rightly expected to, and will continue to, maintain the highest standards of service delivery and improvement.
'However, I am certain that this budget proposal, from a better council, hits the right balance. We are a council determined to support our communities and having listened carefully to their wishes, worked tirelessly to set a balanced budget and kept our council tax increase low. I believe that the people of Waveney have received the right budget at the right time.'
- 1 Driver arrested on suspicion of drink driving after crash in Lowestoft
- 2 Local elections 2021: Green gains and Conservative majority in east Suffolk
- 3 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 4 Man who set up cannabis farm warned he will be jailed
- 5 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 6 Campervan ban lifted in 12 car parks by the coast
- 7 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 8 'Absolutely amazing' - Visually impaired teen completes walking challenge
- 9 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 10 Man, 22, charged over stabbing as victim remains 'critical'