Christmas joy as couple welcome birth of first child at James Paget University Hospital
- Credit: Archant
An Acle couple have received the perfect Christmas present as they welcomed the birth of their first child.
Ellie Ruby Forbes was born at James Paget University Hospital, in Gorleston, at 1.07am this morning, weighing 8lb 8oz.
Parents Andrew and Hayley Forbes, from Acle, have been patiently waiting for their baby girl to arrive with Ellie being born 12 days later than expected.
'She must have been hanging on for Christmas Day,' said Mrs Forbes.
She added: 'It's all a bit overwhelming but lovely.
You may also want to watch:
'I think we are going to celebrate her birthday in the summer. We will spoil her so she gets to have a separate birthday and Christmas.'
- 1 Calls for netting to be removed after red-listed birds die
- 2 Driver arrested on suspicion of drink driving after crash in Lowestoft
- 3 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 4 'The buzz is great' - Market stall owners take reins at town pub
- 5 Man who set up cannabis farm warned he will be jailed
- 6 Local elections 2021: Green gains and Conservative majority in east Suffolk
- 7 Queen writes to Lily, 5, in reply to condolences card
- 8 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 9 'Absolutely amazing' - Visually impaired teen completes walking challenge
- 10 Firefighters rescue kittiwake caught in controversial netting