Christmas joy as couple welcome birth of first child at James Paget University Hospital
- Credit: Archant
An Acle couple have received the perfect Christmas present as they welcomed the birth of their first child.
Ellie Ruby Forbes was born at James Paget University Hospital, in Gorleston, at 1.07am this morning, weighing 8lb 8oz.
Parents Andrew and Hayley Forbes, from Acle, have been patiently waiting for their baby girl to arrive with Ellie being born 12 days later than expected.
'She must have been hanging on for Christmas Day,' said Mrs Forbes.
She added: 'It's all a bit overwhelming but lovely.
You may also want to watch:
'I think we are going to celebrate her birthday in the summer. We will spoil her so she gets to have a separate birthday and Christmas.'
- 1 First look at Lowestoft's newest late night venue - part of £150k investment
- 2 Popular family business opens new shop in Lowestoft town centre
- 3 Teens arrested in connection with burglaries and arson at Lowestoft schools
- 4 New shop set to open in Lowestoft town centre
- 5 Man and woman accused of supplying cannabis and money laundering
- 6 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 7 'Inspirational' Olympian Charley honoured during visit to former school
- 8 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 9 Traffic to be diverted with busy road in Lowestoft closed for 10 days
- 10 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties