Christmas joy as couple welcome birth of first child at James Paget University Hospital
- Credit: Archant
An Acle couple have received the perfect Christmas present as they welcomed the birth of their first child.
Ellie Ruby Forbes was born at James Paget University Hospital, in Gorleston, at 1.07am this morning, weighing 8lb 8oz.
Parents Andrew and Hayley Forbes, from Acle, have been patiently waiting for their baby girl to arrive with Ellie being born 12 days later than expected.
'She must have been hanging on for Christmas Day,' said Mrs Forbes.
She added: 'It's all a bit overwhelming but lovely.
You may also want to watch:
'I think we are going to celebrate her birthday in the summer. We will spoil her so she gets to have a separate birthday and Christmas.'
- 1 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 2 Popular Southwold fish and chip shop for sale for £850k
- 3 Suffolk-built boats relive glory days on Oulton Broad
- 4 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 5 Latitude Festival 2021: Supergrass kicks off sunny second day
- 6 Iconic hospital likely to be sold to private developer
- 7 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival
- 8 Chemical Brothers review: Sensory overload stuns Latitude crowd
- 9 Family fundraising for Aimee, 16, after leukaemia diagnosis
- 10 Seafood restaurant and bar set to transform historic Lowestoft pub