MAY I thank everyone who gave so generously for a coffee morning held by Norwich Road Craft Shop Crafty Club, at Breyon Way, on Thursday, July 17, which raised £253.
MAY I thank everyone who gave so generously for a coffee morning held by Norwich Road Craft Shop Crafty Club, at Breyon Way, on Thursday, July 17, which raised £253.06 in aid of Breast Cancer.
Cards made by the club members were sold along with fresh vegetables grown and donated by Muriel Yeardley and Margaret Swatman.
Dorothy Ridley and her husband Tony ran guess how many marbles in the jar which was won by Laurence Foreman, who was the nearest guess of 1,001. There were 1,083. Sue Tucker made and donated a fruit cake for guess the weight.
Gill Duncombe made boxed cards and donated the proceeds of their sale to the fund.
You may also want to watch:
Thanks go to the following who donated raffle prizes: Co-op, Gresham Avenue; John, Gresham Avenue Newsagents; Coral and Mary, Carlton Colville Florists; and Hair by Lawrence, Oulton Broad.
In addition thanks go to all the club members who worked so hard in making cards, donating raffle prizes, selling raffle tickets and helping out on the day and thank you to everyone who attended and gave so generously.
- 1 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 2 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 3 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 4 Charity walkers celebrate some unexpected news
- 5 First look at Lowestoft's newest late night venue - part of £150k investment
- 6 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 7 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 8 Former butchers shop in Lowestoft is sold at auction
- 9 How well do you know Lowestoft?
- 10 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Suffolk
Special thanks to go Janet Reynolds for use of her bungalow and garden for the event and for providing the tea, coffee and biscuits.
The total raised by the club for the charity to date now stands at £419.74.
Norwich Road Craft Shop