Crash causes queues on A12
Hayley MaceAn overturned car has caused commuter chaos on the A12 south of Lowestoft this morning.The road at Wangford, near Southwold, has been left partially blocked after an accident which saw a car overturn.Hayley Mace
An overturned car has caused commuter chaos on the A12 south of Lowestoft this morning.
The road at Wangford, near Southwold, has been left partially blocked after an accident which saw a car overturn.
Police were called to the incident at 7.36am, after reports that a blue Ford Fiesta had overturned.
A police spokesman said that there were possible indications that a second car had been involved.
You may also want to watch:
Fire services were also called to the scene, which has caused long tail backs, after the car caught alight.
However, the male driver is believed not to have been injured in the accident.
- 1 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 2 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 3 Traffic to be diverted with busy road in Lowestoft closed for 10 days
- 4 Seaside town to test flood defences to prepare for 'tidal surge'
- 5 New shop set to open in prominent town centre store
- 6 Pizza branch to expand into another unit
- 7 New group offering specialist support to children and youngsters
- 8 Air ambulance responds after man suffers emergency in Lowestoft
- 9 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 10 Power tools stolen during Lowestoft shed burglary
The incident has caused congestion south to Blythburgh - with further delays expected throughout the morning.
Police are advising drivers to avoid the area.