Crash causes queues on A12
Hayley MaceAn overturned car has caused commuter chaos on the A12 south of Lowestoft this morning.The road at Wangford, near Southwold, has been left partially blocked after an accident which saw a car overturn.Hayley Mace
An overturned car has caused commuter chaos on the A12 south of Lowestoft this morning.
The road at Wangford, near Southwold, has been left partially blocked after an accident which saw a car overturn.
Police were called to the incident at 7.36am, after reports that a blue Ford Fiesta had overturned.
A police spokesman said that there were possible indications that a second car had been involved.
You may also want to watch:
Fire services were also called to the scene, which has caused long tail backs, after the car caught alight.
However, the male driver is believed not to have been injured in the accident.
- 1 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 2 Coronavirus cases in East Suffolk almost double in a week
- 3 Tributes paid to 'intelligent, humble, quiet and caring' family man
- 4 Seafood restaurant and bar set to transform historic Lowestoft pub
- 5 Sexual misconduct allegations against Suffolk police officers revealed under FoI laws
- 6 Lowestoft-area high school honours Year 11 students with glitzy prom
- 7 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival
- 8 Family fundraising for Aimee, 16, after leukaemia diagnosis
- 9 O2 phone store burglars facing jail terms for break-in
- 10 Man charged after late night crash in Lowestoft
The incident has caused congestion south to Blythburgh - with further delays expected throughout the morning.
Police are advising drivers to avoid the area.