Crash causes queues on A12
Hayley MaceAn overturned car has caused commuter chaos on the A12 south of Lowestoft this morning.The road at Wangford, near Southwold, has been left partially blocked after an accident which saw a car overturn.Hayley Mace
An overturned car has caused commuter chaos on the A12 south of Lowestoft this morning.
The road at Wangford, near Southwold, has been left partially blocked after an accident which saw a car overturn.
Police were called to the incident at 7.36am, after reports that a blue Ford Fiesta had overturned.
A police spokesman said that there were possible indications that a second car had been involved.
You may also want to watch:
Fire services were also called to the scene, which has caused long tail backs, after the car caught alight.
However, the male driver is believed not to have been injured in the accident.
- 1 Lockdown inspires key worker to lose six stone in weight
- 2 What is the future for Lowestoft's historic high street?
- 3 Delays expected for bridge works
- 4 Dad 'relieved' after stolen car found through power of social media
- 5 Town 'at the heart' of green energy bid after windfarm success
- 6 Cultural hub could transform 'key town centre site' in £35m project
- 7 Storms uncover another large Suffolk shipwreck
- 8 Hospital order for man who attacked mother with metal bar
- 9 Border Force alerted after lifeboat recovers abandoned dinghy
- 10 Teen lands in court over spate of thefts from vehicles
The incident has caused congestion south to Blythburgh - with further delays expected throughout the morning.
Police are advising drivers to avoid the area.