Creative writing sessions to launch at venue
- Credit: Archant
There is the chance to work with a professional playwright as some exciting and practical workshops have been announced at the Marina Theatre in Lowestoft.
James McDermott will be leading creative writing sessions on Wednesday, May 30 – where people can learn about plot, character and dialogue.
He has worked with Royal Court Writers Group, Soho Theatre Writers Lab and HighTide's Young Writers Academy, with a range of short plays. The Norfolk based scriptwriter trained at the University of East Anglia.
A spokesman for the Marina Theatre said: 'No experience is necessary, just bring pens, paper, enthusiasm, and a few ideas.'
A session for nine to 18-year-olds will take place between 2pm and 4pm, costing £7. A second workshop for people aged over 18 will run between 6pm and 8pm, costing £8.
You may also want to watch:
Places are limited to just 18 per session and to book call the box office on 01502 533200.
- 1 Bridge to close with traffic diverted for 'routine' maintenance
- 2 Person rescued after blaze in first floor flat
- 3 Air ambulance responds after man suffers fall in Lowestoft
- 4 First Light Festival adds more events to Days of Summer programme
- 5 Man charged over screwdriver robbery of teen
- 6 Couple who first met at hotel celebrate six decades of marriage
- 7 Investigation closed against man who exposed himself in cemetery
- 8 Police appeal for help tracing wanted Suffolk man
- 9 Driver swore at driver he crashed into before speeding off
- 10 15ft-wide abnormal load on A47 this weekend