Creative writing sessions to launch at venue
- Credit: Archant
There is the chance to work with a professional playwright as some exciting and practical workshops have been announced at the Marina Theatre in Lowestoft.
James McDermott will be leading creative writing sessions on Wednesday, May 30 – where people can learn about plot, character and dialogue.
He has worked with Royal Court Writers Group, Soho Theatre Writers Lab and HighTide's Young Writers Academy, with a range of short plays. The Norfolk based scriptwriter trained at the University of East Anglia.
A spokesman for the Marina Theatre said: 'No experience is necessary, just bring pens, paper, enthusiasm, and a few ideas.'
A session for nine to 18-year-olds will take place between 2pm and 4pm, costing £7. A second workshop for people aged over 18 will run between 6pm and 8pm, costing £8.
You may also want to watch:
Places are limited to just 18 per session and to book call the box office on 01502 533200.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences in Lowestoft
- 2 Man hands himself into police after firearms incident in Lowestoft
- 3 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 4 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
- 5 Historic Lowestoft pub transformed as new seafood restaurant opens
- 6 Smokehouse welcomes arrival of new fish smoking kiln - by crane
- 7 Unique 'upside down' home with panoramic views is for sale
- 8 A146 closed after crash near Worlingham
- 9 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home
- 10 Plans for ex-restaurant to become pub revealed as licence granted