Crews called to field fire
Peter WalshFirefighters were called to tackle a crop fire.Peter Walsh
Firefighters were called to tackle a crop fire.
One crew from Long Stratton was initially called to the blaze in a field off the A140 at Long Stratton at just before 1.45pm today, but was later joined by a further two from Norwich.
Firemen used hose reels to extinguish the fire with the last crew returning at just after 3.20pm.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Mystery sculpture of man briefly appears on Suffolk beach
- 2 Busy road near Lowestoft set to close for 'urgent' drainage works
- 3 Man charged over attempted robbery with imitation firearm
- 4 'Ambitious ' Lowestoft heritage regeneration plan hailed by national body
- 5 Woman in 60s airlifted to hospital after medical emergency
- 6 Dad's anger as Lowestoft play area closed off months after daughter's fall
- 7 Works to restore shopfronts dating back to 1860s on High Street
- 8 Fresh warning after shed burglaries in Lowestoft
- 9 Work to locate 'buried oil deposits' on beach after Eleni V tanker spill
- 10 Car battery stolen after 'bonnet forced open' during overnight theft