Lowestoft house fire starts in tumble dryer and rips through conservatory
- Credit: Lowestoft South Fire Station
Fire crews were called to a Lowestoft house fire which started in a tumble dryer.
Two crews from Lowestoft South Fire Station were called to the house fire on Greenfield Road, Lowestoft, at 9.55pm on Saturday, May 16.
Firefighters found that the fire had spread from the tumble dryer to the conservatory extensively.
The crews used a 4BA, two hose reels, one jet and a PPV fan to extinguish the fire.
A spokesman for Suffolk County Council said: "The incident took place at a property on Greenfield Road in Lowestoft and involved a tumble dryer and conservatory which were both well alight upon arrival.
You may also want to watch:
"The fire was extinguished at 10.12pm with crews staying on scene assisting with a casualty and making the area safe.
"A stop was called on the incident at 10:44pm.
- 1 Lowestoft woman accused of setting her own flat on fire
- 2 Fire fighters battle woodland blaze near Lowestoft
- 3 ‘Great opportunity’: Flats in coastal town set for auction
- 4 Classic VW camper van gutted by fire on A47
- 5 Development of iconic Gull Wing bridge to be documented by local company
- 6 Thief smashed window to steal money box from car
- 7 Girl's horse riding dreams shattered after vandals target equipment
- 8 Filthy houses sought to feature in Channel 5 show
- 9 Woman airlifted to hospital following equestrian accident in Beccles
- 10 Visually impaired woman urges people with diabetes to get retinal screenings
"An individual was treated for smoke inhalation."