Crime drops in Waveney
Police in Suffolk have welcomed an 8pc fall in crime in Waveney.The greatest drop was in the number of stolen cars, which fell by 22pc from 143 offences in April to January of 2006-7 to 112 offences in the same period of 2007-8.
Police in Suffolk have welcomed an 8pc fall in crime in Waveney.
The greatest drop was in the number of stolen cars, which fell by 22pc from 143 offences in April to January of 2006-7 to 112 offences in the same period of 2007-8. Violence against the person, robbery and criminal damage were also down. In all, crime fell in Waveney from 7,830 offences in the same period a year ago to 7,207 in the last 10 months - 8pc down.
But the number of serious drugs offences has risen by 19pc, from 42 last year to 50 this year. Police say this is due to the fact that they are targeting drugs dealers and are therefore recording more offences.
Overall the “sanction detection rate”, which is when something is done with the offender such as a court summons, a fixed penalty, or a caution, is 33.8pc.
You may also want to watch:
The figures are for the Waveney policing area, which covers Lowestoft, Beccles, Bungay, Halesworth, Southwold and surrounding areas.
- 1 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 2 First look at Lowestoft's newest late night venue - part of £150k investment
- 3 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 4 How well do you know Lowestoft?
- 5 Former butchers shop in Lowestoft is sold at auction
- 6 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 7 Teens arrested in connection with burglaries and arson at Lowestoft schools
- 8 Man and woman accused of supplying cannabis and money laundering
- 9 Popular family business opens new shop in Lowestoft town centre
- 10 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre