Crime-writer Ruth to sign books in Lowestoft
A FORMER Lowestoft probation officer, who has used her inside knowledge of the criminal justice system to forge a new career as a crime writer, will be in town tomorrow to sign copies of her new book.
Mother-of-two Ruth Dugdall, 39, lived and worked Lowestoft between 1997 and 2000, advising and supervising offenders and gaining a first-hand insight to the workings of the police, court system and criminal behaviour. She then went on to work at Hollesley Bay Prison, near Woodbridge.
Now an author based in Felixstowe, she has already won awards for her debut novel, The Woman Before Me, a pyschological thriller which begins in Lowestoft.
It tells the story of a mother jailed over the death of her own new-born child – and her relationship with her probation officer, who must decide if she is genuinely remorseful or poses a threat to society as she approaches her release from prison.
Ruth will be at Waterstone's bookshop, London Road North, from 10.30am until lunchtime, signing copies of her book. On a previous visit last month, every copy was sold.
You may also want to watch:
The Woman Before Me is published by Legend Press and costs �7.99.
- 1 Man airlifted to hospital from beach given 'vital first aid' by lifeguards
- 2 Woman, 18, victim of possible sexual assault in Lowestoft
- 3 Plot of land near Beccles sells at auction for five times guide price
- 4 Official unveiling for new nature reserve boardwalk in Lowestoft
- 5 Popular laser lights display set for welcome return to pier
- 6 Devoted doctor, 93, to embark on dancing busk-athon in Lowestoft
- 7 'Awe-inspiring' progress on £126.75m Gull Wing third crossing
- 8 'You are our champion': Community praise for Olympian Charley Davison
- 9 'A golden medal from your hometown': Amazing support for Olympian
- 10 McDonalds volunteers remove 20 wheelbarrow loads of algae from town's park