Arson arrest after lit aerosol cans sprayed in shopping centre
- Credit: Mick Howes
A man has been arrested on suspicion of arson and causing criminal damage after lit aerosol cans were sprayed in a popular shopping centre.
Police issued an appeal for witnesses and information after damage was caused at The Britten Centre in Lowestoft about 11.25pm on Friday, April 9.
A group of people - three men and a woman - were seen lighting aerosol cans and spraying the flame at objects in the shopping centre.
No injuries were reported during the isolated late night incident, with "broken glass and rubbish" having to be cleared by cleaners and a large traffic cone was damaged.
A police spokesman said: A 19-year-old man from Lowestoft was arrested on May 20 on suspicion of criminal damage - arson.
You may also want to watch:
"He was questioned at Great Yarmouth Police Investigation Centre and released under investigation in connection with this offence pending further enquiries."
- 1 Lowestoft woman accused of setting her own flat on fire
- 2 New dance academy on the lookout for members of all abilities
- 3 First Light Festival adds more events to Days of Summer programme
- 4 Fire fighters battle woodland blaze near Lowestoft
- 5 Girl's horse riding dreams shattered after vandals target equipment
- 6 Charity hero calls for more defibrillators after Eriksen collapse
- 7 Air ambulance responds after man suffers fall in Lowestoft
- 8 Amazing! Photo sequence shows how marsh harrier grabbed a rabbit
- 9 North Suffolk road to close with traffic diverted for gully repairs
- 10 Person rescued after blaze in first floor flat