Burglar attempts to rob store with metal bar as weapon
- Credit: Suffolk Police
Police are investigating after a man in a motorbike helmet attempted to rob a store, while wielding a metal bar as a weapon.
On Monday, September 13, at 1.30pm, a man entered the Premier Express store on Waveney Crescent in Lowestoft and demanded a shop worker for money.
The helmet-clad suspect then produced a metal bar and hit the plastic screen and electronic till monitor, causing damage to the machine.
He left empty-handed on foot via the alleyway to Kimberley Road near the Durban Road junction.
No one was injured in the incident.
You may also want to watch:
Police are asking anyone with information to contact Lowestoft Police on 101 quoting crime number 37/50763/21.
Alternatively, you can contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
Join our Norfolk Crime Watch Facebook group for all the latest crime news in the county.
- 1 New operator to be unveiled for Lowestoft pavilion regeneration
- 2 Norfolk boatyard sells at auction for almost double expected guide price
- 3 Diversions in place as fibre cable works continue in Lowestoft
- 4 Severe delays on A146 after two-vehicle crash
- 5 Vulnerable man abused by group of youths in Lowestoft
- 6 Families urged to lock their sheds after string of burglaries
- 7 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 8 Care home tenant takes on walking challenge after cancer battle
- 9 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 10 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143