Would-be intruder climbed over fence and tried to break in through window
- Credit: Google Images
An offender climbed over a fence and tried to get in through a window during a failed attempt to break into a home in Lowestoft.
Police are seeking witnesses and are appealing for information following the attempted burglary at a home on Harrington Avenue, which happened between 3pm on Saturday, May 15 and 3pm on Tuesday, May 18.
A police spokesman said: "At some point during the dates and times stated, unknown offender/s climbed over a fence and then attempted to force open a ground floor window using an unknown tool.
"However, no entry was gained and nothing was stolen.
"Officers would like to hear from any witnesses, or anyone who saw any individuals acting suspiciously in the area during that time."
You may also want to watch:
Information should be directed to East CID at Lowestoft Police Station, quoting crime reference 37/27197/21, on 101 or email EastCID@suffolk.pnn.police.uk
Alternatively, contact the independent charity Crimestoppers 100 per cent anonymously on 0800 555 111, or via www.crimestoppers-uk.org
- 1 Diversions in place as fibre cable works continue in Lowestoft
- 2 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 3 Norfolk boatyard sells at auction for almost double expected guide price
- 4 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 5 Families urged to lock their sheds after string of burglaries
- 6 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 7 Severe delays on A146 after two-vehicle crash
- 8 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 9 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 10 Stricken yacht towed to safety by lifeboat crew