Would-be intruder climbed over fence and tried to break in through window
- Credit: Google Images
An offender climbed over a fence and tried to get in through a window during a failed attempt to break into a home in Lowestoft.
Police are seeking witnesses and are appealing for information following the attempted burglary at a home on Harrington Avenue, which happened between 3pm on Saturday, May 15 and 3pm on Tuesday, May 18.
A police spokesman said: "At some point during the dates and times stated, unknown offender/s climbed over a fence and then attempted to force open a ground floor window using an unknown tool.
"However, no entry was gained and nothing was stolen.
"Officers would like to hear from any witnesses, or anyone who saw any individuals acting suspiciously in the area during that time."
You may also want to watch:
Information should be directed to East CID at Lowestoft Police Station, quoting crime reference 37/27197/21, on 101 or email EastCID@suffolk.pnn.police.uk
Alternatively, contact the independent charity Crimestoppers 100 per cent anonymously on 0800 555 111, or via www.crimestoppers-uk.org
- 1 Lowestoft woman accused of setting her own flat on fire
- 2 Fire fighters battle woodland blaze near Lowestoft
- 3 ‘Great opportunity’: Flats in coastal town set for auction
- 4 Classic VW camper van gutted by fire on A47
- 5 Development of iconic Gull Wing bridge to be documented by local company
- 6 Thief smashed window to steal money box from car
- 7 Girl's horse riding dreams shattered after vandals target equipment
- 8 Filthy houses sought to feature in Channel 5 show
- 9 Woman airlifted to hospital following equestrian accident in Beccles
- 10 Visually impaired woman urges people with diabetes to get retinal screenings