Toyota Avensis 'destroyed' by early morning car fire
- Credit: Google Images
A car was destroyed during an early morning fire.
Police are seeking witnesses and are appealing for information after the blaze was tackled by firefighters in Oulton Broad, Lowestoft.
A crew from Lowestoft South fire station were called to the car fire on Rock Road, near the junction of Hall Road, at 6.05am on Tuesday, November 23.
A brigade spokesman said: "Crews used two breathing apparatus and a hose reel jet when tackling the fire."
The scene was cleared by 6.25am.
With police investigations under way, a spokesman said: "Around 6.12am this morning, police received a call that a car parked on Hall Road/Rock Road was on fire.
"The vehicle, a black Toyota Avensis, was destroyed by the fire.
- 1 Cyclist airlifted to hospital with serious injuries following incident
- 2 Drone video reveals best look at Gull Wing bridge project
- 3 Queen's Jubilee celebration events aplenty to enjoy in Waveney
- 4 New lease of life for vacant former supermarket
- 5 Motorbike and car involved in crash in Lowestoft
- 6 Do you know him? CCTV appeal launched after Lowestoft assault
- 7 Community response hailed as Tilli, five, continues recovery after stroke
- 8 Suffolk care boss warns fuel costs could soon be unsustainable
- 9 Power tools stolen after shed broken into overnight
- 10 New Taco Bell restaurant 'will make a real difference to vibrancy' of town
"Can you help?"
If you saw anyone acting suspiciously near the vehicle, f you have any information about this crime or who may be responsible, please contact Suffolk Police quoting crime reference number 37/66164/21 via 101.