Cigarettes stolen in overnight break-ins at north Suffolk Co-op stores
- Credit: Google Maps
Two Co-op stores in Walberswick and Beccles have been broken into overnight, with offenders stealing cigarettes.
Police were called to the East of England Co-op store in Swines Green, Beccles at around 1.55am.
Offenders smashed the bottom glass panel of the door to the shop and stole a number of items, primarily cigarettes.
The group then made off from the scene in a dark coloured car.
The second break-in took place at the East of England Co-op store in The Street in Walberswick at around 2.40am on Monday morning.
You may also want to watch:
An alarm was sounded at the premises and cigarettes and alcohol were stolen with the tills forced open. The suspects fled the scene in an unknown vehicle.
A vehicle was later found in Carlton Coleville containing cigarettes.
- 1 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
- 2 Boy attacked by man in woodland in Lowestoft
- 3 Emergency works cause early morning traffic chaos on A47
- 4 Duo left shaken after youths threw stones and jumped on parked car
- 5 Royal Mail postboxes stolen from villages
- 6 'Welcome back!' - Glasses raised as popular pub reopens
- 7 'A real buzz' hits Lowestoft as lockdown rules ease
- 8 Arson probe after flames from lit aerosol cans cause late night damage
- 9 'Marmite' beach huts supported despite disability concerns
- 10 Woman punched on the ground after walking crutch was kicked away
Enquiries into the thefts are ongoing and anyone with any information should contact Lowestoft CID quoting 37/13934/21 for the Beccles break-in and 37/13933/21 for the Walberswick incident.
Alternatively you can contact the independent charity Crimestoppers 100% anonymously on 0800 555 111, or via their online form.