Vandals damage beach huts and seafront pier
- Credit: James Bass
Beach huts and a popular seafront pier have been targeted by vandals during the Christmas period.
Suffolk Police have appealed for information after buildings were vandalised near to The Esplanade in Lowestoft.
At some point between Thursday, December 24, and Sunday, December 27, guttering on beach huts along the lower promenade was pulled down.
A further incident then took place some time between Sunday, December 27 and Tuesday, December 29, where guttering on Claremont Pier was also damaged.
Officers have urged any witnesses to the incidents, or anyone with information about the criminal damage, to contact the Crime Coordination Centre on 101, quoting reference 74744/20, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111, or use their online form at www.crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 Lowestoft man arrested 200 miles from home after police hunt
- 2 Lowestoft man used toy gun to steal can of Dr Pepper from kebab shop
- 3 Major £4.7m scheme under way to relocate pipelines in Lowestoft
- 4 Landlord 'sells Lowestoft Banksy work for £2 million'
- 5 Lowestoft man denies High Street assault
- 6 Man's death 'not suspicious' after body found in Lowestoft
- 7 Suffolk seaside resort named among the poshest villages in the UK
- 8 'Intoxicated' woman grabs buggy with child inside
- 9 Investigations continue after car crashed into home
- 10 Business growth means East Anglian energy firm is looking to recruit locals