Vandals damage beach huts and seafront pier
- Credit: James Bass
Beach huts and a popular seafront pier have been targeted by vandals during the Christmas period.
Suffolk Police have appealed for information after buildings were vandalised near to The Esplanade in Lowestoft.
At some point between Thursday, December 24, and Sunday, December 27, guttering on beach huts along the lower promenade was pulled down.
A further incident then took place some time between Sunday, December 27 and Tuesday, December 29, where guttering on Claremont Pier was also damaged.
Officers have urged any witnesses to the incidents, or anyone with information about the criminal damage, to contact the Crime Coordination Centre on 101, quoting reference 74744/20, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also want to watch:
Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111, or use their online form at www.crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 Centre of Lowestoft is a 'coronavirus hotspot'
- 2 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 3 'Be vigilant' - man's warning after attempted car break-in
- 4 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 5 Driver arrested for third time after drug driving
- 6 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
- 7 People 'clambering over and fishing from' danger defences
- 8 Man arrested and drugs seized in police raid
- 9 People in 'next priority' groups to receive covid jabs in coastal town
- 10 Wetherspoon pubs reveal reopening plan after 'zero' sales