Warning as scam callers pretend to work for council
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
A council has issued a warning to householders following reports of scam calls being made in relation to home maintenance checks.
East Suffolk Council has urged people to "be aware" following reports of scam telephone calls from someone claiming to be doing home checks for the council.
With a warning message posted on the East Suffolk Council Facebook page, a spokesman said: "We have been made aware of a tenant receiving a call from the number +44 161 3543662.
"The caller claimed to be doing home checks from East Suffolk Council, asking about any property damage and some personal details.
"Please be aware!
You may also want to watch:
"Whilst we may call you to inform of upcoming maintenance work or other important information relating to your property, we will never ask you for any personal details on such calls.
"If you’re unsure whether a call is from East Suffolk Council or not, please contact our Customer Services Team on 0333 016 2000 to check."
- 1 Mystery sculpture of man briefly appears on Suffolk beach
- 2 Busy road near Lowestoft set to close for 'urgent' drainage works
- 3 Man charged over attempted robbery with imitation firearm
- 4 'Ambitious ' Lowestoft heritage regeneration plan hailed by national body
- 5 Woman in 60s airlifted to hospital after medical emergency
- 6 Dad's anger as Lowestoft play area closed off months after daughter's fall
- 7 Works to restore shopfronts dating back to 1860s on High Street
- 8 Work to locate 'buried oil deposits' on beach after Eleni V tanker spill
- 9 Fresh warning after shed burglaries in Lowestoft
- 10 Five Halloween events planned in Waveney this year