Driver arrested for third time after drug driving
- Credit: Lowestoft Police
A driver has been arrested for a third time after police identified drugs in his system.
Lowestoft Police stopped a car in the Kirkley Rise area of Lowestoft and the driver of the car was found to have drugs in his system.
He was arrested at the scene for the third time for the same offence.
A spokeswoman for Suffolk Police said: "Officers on patrol had cause to request a driver of a vehicle to stop due to their manner of driving yesterday, Tuesday, 19 January in Kirkley Rise, Lowestoft.
"The driver – a 26 year old man – was arrested on suspicion of drug driving – cannabis and he was taken to Great Yarmouth Police Investigation Centre for questioning.
"He has subsequently been released under investigation pending further enquiries."
- 1 Man in 20s among further Covid deaths at Norfolk hospital
- 2 Delays expected as 48-ton boat is transported through region
- 3 Lowestoft gets £24.9m for key town centre projects
- 4 When do the clocks go forward in 2021?
- 5 Parts of Waveney could be Covid-free for first time in months, figures show
- 6 Pontins accused of using discriminatory 'undesirable guest' list
- 7 'A big thank you' - Superheroes salute key workers and NHS staff
- 8 Best friends to launch sweet shop together in seaside town
- 9 The voice of the Shipping Forecast publishes latest fox storybook
- 10 Sex offender caught with indecent images avoids prison