Man, 22, arrested on suspicion of drug offences after police pursuit
- Credit: Google images
A man was arrested on suspicion of drug offences after being chased by police in Southwold.
Officers seized a car and arrested the man after a quantity of suspected class A drugs and cash was found on Sunday evening in the seaside town.
Halesworth police officers arrested a 22-year-old man on suspicion of possession of a Class A controlled drug with intent to supply during patrols in the town on January 9.
Officers spotted a vehicle that showed up as having no insurance, but after a request to stop for police, the driver failed to do so and made off.
A police spokesman said: "The car was followed into Lorne Road in the town where it did eventually stop but the driver ran off.
"The driver was detained a short time later in Gardner Road, Southwold and a quantity of suspected class A drugs and cash was found.
"The 22-year-old male was arrested on suspicion of possession of a Class A controlled drug with intent to supply and the vehicle seized."
- 1 Mum 'ecstatic' as SEND placement finally found for son with complex needs
- 2 Can you spot yourself in these Lowestoft school photos through the years?
- 3 'We will all miss him': Poignant tributes paid to 'brilliant' solicitor
- 4 Where will new homes be built in Lowestoft?
- 5 Clean up operation after potato slurry spill in Lowestoft
- 6 Popular bookstore looking ahead to next new chapter in Lowestoft
- 7 Care home builds 'shopping lane' to promote resident independence
- 8 Work begins on demountable flood gate in Lowestoft
- 9 Lowestoft man arrested 200 miles from home after police hunt
- 10 See inside £1.25m bungalow for sale in one of Suffolk's 'poshest' villages
The man has since been released under investigation pending further police inquiries.