Vehicles including e-scooter seen on A47 stopped for anti-social driving
- Credit: Lowestoft police
A number of cars have been seized at retail parks across Lowestoft after they were seen driving in an anti-social manner and using excessively loud exhausts.
Police stopped a red Ford Focus and a black Volkswagen Golf off the road at North Quay Retail Park last night for driving in an anti-social manner while using loud exhausts and issued a Section 59 warning.
If the cars are seen to be driving in the same manner again they will be seized.
It comes after police in the town seized a Citroen Saxo at the same retail park, on Saturday, April 30.
Officers said the car was being driven in an anti-social manner on two occasions and later found to have a defective exhaust.
The green Citroen featured a bizarre window sticker, which read: 'No airbags, we die like real men'
They also seized an e-scooter which was being ridden illegally by two people on the A47 with no lights.
- 1 'A real asset to the town': Traders unveiled for new seafront food hall
- 2 Do you know this man? CCTV appeal launched after Lowestoft assault
- 3 Air ambulance responds to man in 20s after emergency in Lowestoft
- 4 Lowestoft builder threw camping chair at woman's head
- 5 New access road unveiled as £126.75m bridge works continue
- 6 Jail for man caught with £1,000 of cocaine in car
- 7 Find a new family for cat made homeless after a puppy moved in
- 8 Decision on two new bungalows in quiet residential area deferred
- 9 Joy at return of 'classical powerhouse' to town
- 10 Popular club unveils 'exciting' project for new 3G football pitch
The two riders were reported.
On Sunday, officers then seized a yellow motorcycle which had been seen driving in an anti-social manner with an excessively loud exhaust on numerous occasions, causing a nuisance to people living in the area.
Following the incidents, police warned: "We continue to have reports regarding ASB involving motor vehicles and all offences will be dealt with robustly."