Vandals smash lights in criminal damage at east Suffolk park
- Credit: HTC
Vandals have smashed lights on a toilet block at a park near Halesworth town centre.
The incident happened at some point between 8am on Tuesday and 8am on Wednesday in the park in Saxons Way, Suffolk police said.
A Suffolk police spokesman said a toilet block was vandalised, causing damage to lights, roofing and guttering.
Halesworth Town Council said in a statement on social media: "It's a shame some people feel this is entertainment but apparently they do.
"Vandalism is not a creative way to vent your frustration and playing with electricity is particularly stupid.
"Take responsibility for yourself and the community you live in."
Enquiries are ongoing into the incident.
- 1 One of the world's largest container ships anchors off coast
- 2 Adder warning in coastal areas as snakes come out to bask
- 3 Jailed this week: Paedophile and teen who blinded man
- 4 A146 near Beccles closed by police after crash
- 5 Woman who broke both legs in multiple places after fainting thanks NHS
- 6 Bank holiday beer festival to take place at seafront pavilion
- 7 New fully vegan café to open in Lowestoft
- 8 Three men arrested after 'unofficial Supermarket Sweep' in town centre
- 9 Mystery continues as owner of 'massive' snake yet to come forward
- 10 Family's appeal after factory worker's asbestos-related death
Anyone with information related to the incident is urged to contact Suffolk police, quoting crime reference number 37/40607/22.