Seven arrested and three charged with supplying cocaine after large police presence in village
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2014
Three men have been charged with supplying cocaine after police made seven arrests in a coastal village.
On Twitter, Great Yarmouth Police thanked and reassured Hopton residents following a visible, large police presence in the village on Friday.
They said: “Officers would like to thank and reassure the residents of Hopton-on-sea following a large police presence on Friday afternoon, November 20.
“This incident resulted in seven people being arrested on suspicion of being concerned in the supply of class A drugs.
“There is no ongoing risk to the public.
You may also want to watch:
“Following the arrests and initial investigation by Operation Moonshot, four people have been released under investigation and three people have been charged and remanded in custody for possession with intent to supply cocaine and being concerned in the supply of class A cocaine.”
Three men are due to appear at Norwich Magistrates Court on Monday, November 23.
- 1 Could direct trains run from Lowestoft to London again?
- 2 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 3 Butchers' could be converted into cafe under new plans
- 4 'Disappointment' as thieves raid £16,000 of kit from town's sports club
- 5 Flood warning as Suffolk set for 23 hours of heavy rain later this week
- 6 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 7 'This is very welcome': Go-ahead for HMO close to town centre
- 8 Delays warning as road closed for emergency repairs
- 9 Everything we know so far about Covid vaccinations in Norfolk and Waveney
- 10 Junction closed for third crossing preparations