Driver 'rammed' two police cars before level crossing crash
- Credit: Nicholas Allison
A driver "rammed" two police cars before careering into a level crossing, it has been confirmed.
Earlier this month, police said that a black Clio had "collided with two vehicles that were being driven at the time" before the driver "decamped from the vehicle and fled the scene".
It related to an incident on the B1531 Victoria Road with the junction of Bridge Road in Oulton Broad at 2.20pm on April 14, when the driver crashed into a level crossing and fled the scene.
It has since emerged that the two vehicles involved were police cars, which had not been chasing the driver at the time.
The crash caused delays on the roads across Lowestoft.
With the driver still being sought, and no arrests having been made, a police spokesman said: "The suspect is still outstanding, with enquiries ongoing.
"We are pursuing a number of lines of enquiry.
- 1 Woman punches man on doorstep and snatches his mobile phone
- 2 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting
- 3 RNLI called out to rescue 'soggy doggy'
- 4 Friends and family raise £15,000 for father with rare cancer
- 5 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 6 Joy as pub prepares to reopen for first time since September
- 7 Man admits crashing into five cars and a level crossing
- 8 CCTV shows moment father who died was restrained by Pontins security staff
- 9 Police officers could lose jobs over father's holiday park death
- 10 Road to be closed and traffic diverted for overnight works
"The two police cars sustained minor damage from the suspect's vehicle ramming them.
"Officers were not pursuing the suspect at the time of the collision."
Contact 101 with information.