Hunt continues for Mercedes driver who crashed into homes in Lowestoft
- Credit: Google Images
Police are continuing to search for a driver who crashed into two homes before fleeing the scene.
Inquiries are ongoing in connection with the collision, which happened in Lowestoft just over two months ago.
A Mercedes careered off the road and damaged two houses with the vehicle failing to stop following the crash.
No one was injured in the incident, which happened around 7.20pm on Sunday, February 7 in Walton Road.
After the crash, a police spokesman said: "A dark-coloured Mercedes left the road and collided with two houses, causing damage to both but no one was injured.
You may also want to watch:
"The vehicle then reversed and drove away in the direction of the town centre."
With inquiries continuing, officers are keen to hear from anyone who was driving in the area or anyone who has a dashcam fitted in their vehicle.
- 1 Woman punches man on doorstep and snatches his mobile phone
- 2 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting
- 3 RNLI called out to rescue 'soggy doggy'
- 4 Friends and family raise £15,000 for father with rare cancer
- 5 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 6 Joy as pub prepares to reopen for first time since September
- 7 Man admits crashing into five cars and a level crossing
- 8 CCTV shows moment father who died was restrained by Pontins security staff
- 9 Police officers could lose jobs over father's holiday park death
- 10 'Fantastic' - excitement from businesses ahead of May 17 changes
Police said this week: "We are still appealing for witnesses or anyone with information to come forward."
Information should be directed to the Lowestoft Safer Neighbourhood Team, quoting reference: CAD 296 of February 7, on 101 or alternatively email Christian.Meen@suffolk.police.uk