Investigation closed after cyclist jumped from bike before car ran over it
- Credit: Google Maps
The hunt for a motorist who forced a cyclist to jump from his bike as it was run over by the car has now been closed.
The cyclist - a man - was riding along Normanston Drive in Lowestoft, and was heading towards the roundabout with Rotterdam Road between 2pm and 2.30pm on Thursday, November 12.
Police said that a car - believed to be a black Audi A3 - slowed down alongside him, before being driven around the roundabout and heading back towards the victim.
At the time, a police spokesman said: “The victim jumped off his bike and ran off as the vehicle, thought to be a black Audi A3, ran over the bicycle, causing damage to the front wheel.”
Now, a police spokesman said: "All of the enquiries were completed and the investigation has been finalised but will be reopened if any new information comes to light."
You may also want to watch:
Witnesses, or anyone with dashcam footage, should contact Suffolk Police on 101, quoting crime reference 37/65797/20.
- 1 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 2 'Be vigilant' - man's warning after attempted car break-in
- 3 Centre of Lowestoft is a 'coronavirus hotspot'
- 4 Driver arrested for third time after drug driving
- 5 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 6 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
- 7 People 'clambering over and fishing from' danger defences
- 8 Man arrested and drugs seized in police raid
- 9 People in 'next priority' groups to receive covid jabs in coastal town
- 10 Wetherspoon pubs reveal reopening plan after 'zero' sales