Investigation closed after cyclist jumped from bike before car ran over it
- Credit: Google Maps
The hunt for a motorist who forced a cyclist to jump from his bike as it was run over by the car has now been closed.
The cyclist - a man - was riding along Normanston Drive in Lowestoft, and was heading towards the roundabout with Rotterdam Road between 2pm and 2.30pm on Thursday, November 12.
Police said that a car - believed to be a black Audi A3 - slowed down alongside him, before being driven around the roundabout and heading back towards the victim.
At the time, a police spokesman said: “The victim jumped off his bike and ran off as the vehicle, thought to be a black Audi A3, ran over the bicycle, causing damage to the front wheel.”
Now, a police spokesman said: "All of the enquiries were completed and the investigation has been finalised but will be reopened if any new information comes to light."
You may also want to watch:
Witnesses, or anyone with dashcam footage, should contact Suffolk Police on 101, quoting crime reference 37/65797/20.
- 1 Official unveiling for new nature reserve boardwalk in Lowestoft
- 2 Woman, 18, victim of possible sexual assault in Lowestoft
- 3 Drivers warned of disruption as work carried out on Bascule Bridge
- 4 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 5 Plot of land near Beccles sells at auction for five times guide price
- 6 'A golden medal from your hometown': Amazing support for Olympian
- 7 Popular laser lights display set for welcome return to pier
- 8 Devoted doctor, 93, to embark on dancing busk-athon in Lowestoft
- 9 Delays 'possible' warning ahead of footway works in Lowestoft
- 10 Woman in 30s suffers head injuries in violent attack by two girls