Man, 21, charged with drug offences after simultaneous raids
- Credit: Archant
A 21-year-old man has been charged with drug offences following a series of police raids.
Six properties in Lowestoft were targeted as warrants were carried out across the town on Tuesday, June 1 as part of a pre-planned operation.
About 40 officers from across Suffolk Constabulary carried out raids at six addresses within the town shortly after 9.45am on June 1.
A police spokesman said: "Four men - aged 28, 26, 24 and 23-years-old - all from Lowestoft, were arrested on suspicion of being concerned in the supply of a controlled drug and have been released under investigation pending further enquiries."
A fifth man was also arrested following a raid on a property in Eades Walk, Carlton Colville, and police said he had since been charged.
The police spokesman said: "Kain Reeve, 21, of Eades Walk, was arrested on suspicion of possession with intent to supply Class A drugs, possession of class B drugs and concerned in the supply of a controlled drug."
You may also want to watch:
Reeve was due to answer the charges when he appeared at Norwich Magistrates Court on Wednesday, June 2.
- 1 Lowestoft woman accused of setting her own flat on fire
- 2 Fire fighters battle woodland blaze near Lowestoft
- 3 ‘Great opportunity’: Flats in coastal town set for auction
- 4 Classic VW camper van gutted by fire on A47
- 5 Development of iconic Gull Wing bridge to be documented by local company
- 6 Thief smashed window to steal money box from car
- 7 Filthy houses sought to feature in Channel 5 show
- 8 Girl's horse riding dreams shattered after vandals target equipment
- 9 Woman airlifted to hospital following equestrian accident in Beccles
- 10 Visually impaired woman urges people with diabetes to get retinal screenings