Man, 21, charged with drug offences after simultaneous raids
- Credit: Archant
A 21-year-old man has been charged with drug offences following a series of police raids.
Six properties in Lowestoft were targeted as warrants were carried out across the town on Tuesday, June 1 as part of a pre-planned operation.
About 40 officers from across Suffolk Constabulary carried out raids at six addresses within the town shortly after 9.45am on June 1.
A police spokesman said: "Four men - aged 28, 26, 24 and 23-years-old - all from Lowestoft, were arrested on suspicion of being concerned in the supply of a controlled drug and have been released under investigation pending further enquiries."
A fifth man was also arrested following a raid on a property in Eades Walk, Carlton Colville, and police said he had since been charged.
The police spokesman said: "Kain Reeve, 21, of Eades Walk, was arrested on suspicion of possession with intent to supply Class A drugs, possession of class B drugs and concerned in the supply of a controlled drug."
You may also want to watch:
Reeve was due to answer the charges when he appeared at Norwich Magistrates Court on Wednesday, June 2.
- 1 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 2 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 3 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 4 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 5 Diversions in place as fibre cable works continue in Lowestoft
- 6 'An appalling state' - bereaved criticises cemetery wildlife campaign
- 7 Families urged to lock their sheds after string of burglaries
- 8 First look at Lowestoft's newest late night venue - part of £150k investment
- 9 Stricken yacht towed to safety by lifeboat crew
- 10 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode