Rare Lambretta scooter worth £5,000 stolen during shed burglary
- Credit: Google Images
An original Lambretta scooter was stolen during an overnight burglary in Lowestoft.
Police are seeking witnesses and are appealing for information in connection with a shed burglary in Beresford Road, Lowestoft.
A police spokesman said: "At some point between 8.30pm on Saturday, April 24 and 7.50am on Sunday, April 25 an unknown offender has gained access to a garden shed by cutting off the lock.
"A blue Lambretta scooter, registration JWE270C, was stolen. Can you help?"
Police said that the Lambretta scooter is "an original Italian 1965 scooter worth £5,000."
Anyone who saw any suspicious activity in the area at the time or knows where the scooter is now should contact Suffolk Police, quoting crime number 37/20874/21, on 101.
Alternatively, you can also contact the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111, or via their online form www.crimestoppers-uk.org
- 1 First look at Lowestoft's newest late night venue - part of £150k investment
- 2 Popular family business opens new shop in Lowestoft town centre
- 3 Teens arrested in connection with burglaries and arson at Lowestoft schools
- 4 Man and woman accused of supplying cannabis and money laundering
- 5 New shop set to open in Lowestoft town centre
- 6 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 7 'Inspirational' Olympian Charley honoured during visit to former school
- 8 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 9 Former butchers shop in Lowestoft is sold at auction
- 10 'Together again': Swans reunited after dog attack in Lowestoft park