Arson probe after flames from lit aerosol cans cause late night damage
- Credit: Mick Howes
Investigations are under way after three men and a woman sprayed lit aerosol cans as they walked through a popular shopping centre late at night.
Police are appealing for witnesses and information in connection with damage that was caused at The Britten Centre in Lowestoft.
A police spokesman said: "Officers were called at 11.25pm on Friday, April 9, to reports of an arson at The Britten Centre in Lowestoft.
"It is reported that a group of people, three male and one female were lighting aerosol cans and spraying the flame at objects in the centre.
"A large traffic cone was damaged."
You may also want to watch:
No injuries were reported during the isolated late night incident, with "broken glass and rubbish" having to be cleared by cleaners at The Britten Centre on Saturday morning.
Witnesses or anybody with any information is asked to contact Lowestoft Police on 101 quoting crime reference 18271/21.
- 1 Woman punches man on doorstep and snatches his mobile phone
- 2 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting
- 3 RNLI called out to rescue 'soggy doggy'
- 4 Friends and family raise £15,000 for father with rare cancer
- 5 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 6 Joy as pub prepares to reopen for first time since September
- 7 Man admits crashing into five cars and a level crossing
- 8 'Fantastic' - excitement from businesses ahead of May 17 changes
- 9 CCTV shows moment father who died was restrained by Pontins security staff
- 10 Police officers could lose jobs over father's holiday park death