Man who downloaded indecent images of children avoids jail
- Credit: ARCHANT
A Suffolk man who downloaded more than 1,000 indecent images and movies of children has been handed a community order.
Police went to Craig Holt’s home in 2019 after his email address was linked to indecent images of children, Ipswich Crown Court heard.
He was arrested and a number of devices belonging to him were seized.
When they were examined they were found to contain ten indecent images and 13 movies in the most serious level A category, 472 images and two movies in category B and 792 indecent images and three movies in the lowest level C category.
Holt, 50, of Whiting Road, Oulton, Lowestoft, admitted three offences of making indecent images of children and was given a three-year community order and ordered to do 150 hours of unpaid work and to pay £250 costs.
He was also given a 90-day rehabilitation activity requirement during which he will have to attend a sex offenders’ treatment programme
He was also made the subject of a sexual harm prevention order for 10 years and ordered to sign the sex offenders’ register.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences in Lowestoft
- 2 Man hands himself into police after firearms incident in Lowestoft
- 3 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 4 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
- 5 Historic Lowestoft pub transformed as new seafood restaurant opens
- 6 Smokehouse welcomes arrival of new fish smoking kiln - by crane
- 7 Plans for ex-restaurant to become pub revealed as licence granted
- 8 Unique 'upside down' home with panoramic views is for sale
- 9 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home
- 10 A146 closed after crash near Worlingham