Man jailed after police seize cannabis worth £15,000 from car
- Credit: Suffolk police
A man who was found with £15,000 worth of cannabis in a car in Lowestoft has been jailed.
Rushit Protoduari, of Adlington Road in Crewe, was stopped by officers in Suffolk police's Kestrel team in Denmark Road on Friday, September 17.
The 27-year-old was arrested after police discovered a bag containing around 2kg of cannabis, which had a street value of £15,000, in the vehicle.
Protoduari was taken to Great Yarmouth police investigation centre and was charged with possession with intent to supply class B drugs and money laundering.
He was remanded in custody and appeared before Suffolk Magistrates' Court on Monday, where he pleaded guilty to the charges.
Protoduari was handed a 26-week jail sentence by magistrates.
- 1 Diversions in place as fibre cable works continue in Lowestoft
- 2 Norfolk boatyard sells at auction for almost double expected guide price
- 3 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 4 Families urged to lock their sheds after string of burglaries
- 5 Severe delays on A146 after two-vehicle crash
- 6 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 7 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 8 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 9 Care home tenant takes on walking challenge after cancer battle
- 10 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town