Motorist left without a tyre after driving 35 miles with puncture
- Credit: Suffolk Police
A motorist was stopped by Suffolk police officers after arriving in Lowestoft with a disintegrated tyre.
The driver suffered a punctured tyre in Stalham, Norfolk, and rather than stopping continued their journey to the town.
The 35 mile trip resulted in the near-side front tyre completely disintegrating.
The alloy became badly damaged and the wheel even started to split.
Suffolk police said the wheel was likely only a few miles from collapsing, which would have made the car completely uncontrollable.
The driver was issued with a ticket.
Join our Norfolk Crime Watch Facebook group for all the latest crime news in the county.
- 1 Police release CCTV after Honda stolen from car park
- 2 Teenager arrested on suspicion of arson after Lowestoft fire
- 3 'Calm, graceful and kind': Tributes paid to martial arts world champion
- 4 Under-used council land to become sites for 3,000 homes
- 5 Part of A47 closed in Lowestoft due to incident
- 6 School 'honoured' after winning Active Primary School award
- 7 Jimmy Carr to return to Lowestoft with brand new material
- 8 Woman taken to hospital with serious injuries after crash in Lowestoft
- 9 Region's rebel MP: 'Im not grumpy' just acting in my peoples' best interests
- 10 Road closed for 'emergency' repairs to Victorian footbridge