Scaffolder gets drink drive ban after driving erratically from pub
- Credit: Google Maps
A scaffolder has been banned from driving for 22 months after he got behind the wheel of his girlfriend's car while over the drink drive limit.
Jack Wilson was stopped by police in a Ford Index in Lowestoft after he was seen driving away from a pub erratically.
Magistrates heard Wilson, 24, of Wellington Esplanade, Lowestoft, had ignored a no turning sign and had nearly collided with a footpath.
He gave police a breath test reading of 81 microgrammes of alcohol in 100 millilitres of breath - the legal limit being 35 microgrammes.
He pleaded guilty on Wednesday to drink driving and driving without insurance on May 22 when he appeared at Great Yarmouth Magistrates' Court.
The court heard he had thought about not driving home after leaving the pub, but had made a misjudgement.
Wilson, who had no previous convictions, also wrongly thought he was insured to drive his girlfriend's car.
- 1 One of the world's largest container ships anchors off coast
- 2 Adder warning in coastal areas as snakes come out to bask
- 3 A146 near Beccles closed by police after crash
- 4 Jailed this week: Paedophile and teen who blinded man
- 5 Bank holiday beer festival to take place at seafront pavilion
- 6 Woman who broke both legs in multiple places after fainting thanks NHS
- 7 Three men arrested after 'unofficial Supermarket Sweep' in town centre
- 8 New fully vegan café to open in Lowestoft
- 9 Mystery continues as owner of 'massive' snake yet to come forward
- 10 Family's appeal after factory worker's asbestos-related death
He was banned from driving for 22 months and fined £369 and ordered to pay costs of £105 and a £37 victim surcharge.