Teenager arrested on suspicion of arson after Lowestoft fire
- Credit: Neil Perry
A 19-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of an arson attack in Lowestoft.
Police and fire crews were called to a blaze at the front door of a house on Hall Road in Oulton Broad at 4.35am on Monday (November 29) morning.
There were no injuries reported in the attack.
A Suffolk police spokesman said: "We received a report of a fire at a property on Hall Road in Lowestoft this morning.
"A 19-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of arson and taken into custody."
A Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service spokeswoman added: "We were called to reports of a fire at a two-storey mid terrace house.
"The fire service used breathing equipment, a hose reel jet and a covering jet to extinguish the fire."
- 1 Banksy mural created to spark debate after town's artwork was sold
- 2 Pair running Suffolk cannabis factory worth up to £167k jailed
- 3 Mystery surrounds container ships at anchor off Suffolk coast
- 4 Woman accused of exposing herself to boy outside Lowestoft park
- 5 Bid to demolish countryside home to build church
- 6 'Historic' ground share agreement sealed for season
- 7 TV and prescription medicine stolen from Lowestoft home
- 8 Plans to redevelop major town centre building to be discussed
- 9 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 10 7 roadworks Suffolk drivers need to know about this week
The scene was made safe at 5.34am.